The University’s admission decisions are being opened all around the world today. Amidst all the fanfare of students being accepted, a lone fact weighs heavy on all of us. The grand majority (Over 80%) did not receive the news they had expected. We are not happy about this. We don’t take joy in this. It is incredibly painful to deny admission to strong applicants. But, if you would like to attend USC, we want to help you get here.
More than 20% of the Viterbi School of Engineering’s incoming class each year are transfer students. And you could be one of them for Fall 2013.
Transferring to USC is much simpler thank you think. If you do everything right, you can be joining us here starting in your sophomore year.
Check out the Viterbi Transfer Admission page to familiarize yourself with the process.
The basics of it are as follows:
- Check out our Transfer Planning Guides and/or Articulation Histories with other colleges around the country and figure out where you are going to attend for Fall 2012
- Enroll in Calculus, Lab Based Sciences, The USC Writing requirement equivalent, and a few GE equivalents
- Get good grades (As and Bs) throughout all classes
- Apply as a transfer student for Fall 2013
- Your application will be evaluated on the coursework you have taken, and not on your previous high school career. Yup, the SAT doesn’t really matter.
Let us help!
You shouldn’t have to figure this out on your own. Feel free to contact us as early as June, 2012. Any of our admission counselors will be happy to help you figure your personal plan for transferring.